Summer Internships in Sorrento, Italy
Interning with CAP at Sant’Anna allows students to experience a different side of life in Italy. Sant’Anna has long-standing partnerships with community businesses that welcome the input of American students and hope to engage and grow as an organization as much as the students do the same.
For 3 credits (120-150 hours), 6 credits (240 hours), 9 credits (360 hours) or 12 credits (480 hours); Academic credit for internships is transferable through SUNY Alfred (New York State), accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Complete with 1-4 other academic courses including Italian language.
Language: Most internships can be conducted in English, without a prior knowledge of the Italian language.
- Civic Engagement
- Creative Writing, English, Journalism
- Culinary Arts
- Environmental Studies
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Fitness Management
- Italian Studies
- Music & Music Technology
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Social Work
- Veterinary Science
- Visual Arts
Before the Internship
2. INTERVIEW: The Internship Coordinator will set up an individual interview with the student via Skype to better understand his/her personal and professional ambitions that the internship may help him/her achieve.
3. INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT: Each student is matched with a local company that best suits their desires and needs and vice versa.
4. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: The student receives notification of their internship assignment via an individualized Internship Program, including project ideas that the student may consider developing in their internship role. The student is also assigned work shifts that work around their course commitments at Sant’Anna.
During the Internship
2. INTRODUCTION: Each student is introduced by the Internship Coordinator to his/her workplace during an initial meeting between their employers and the Sant’Anna Internship Coordinator, in order to set guidelines and expectations for this collaborative experience.
3. WEEKLY MEETINGS: The student interns meet weekly with the Internship Coordinator to review successes and challenges of the internship experience, as well as goals for the upcoming week. The Internship Coordinator is there to help with any advice/assistance that may be deemed necessary.