- Housing – students have the option of living with a local host family, a shared apartment with other students or in the Sant’Anna dormitory. Housing is included in the cost of your CAP program.
- Tuition and Fees – Included in the cost of the program is tuition and fees, housing, excursions, activities, official transcripts, and staff support.
- Orientation – Sant’Anna Institute provides a new student orientation that consists of an overview of life in Sorrento, program information, policies and procedures, a welcome dinner and lunch, and a walking tour of the town.
Sant’Anna study abroad students enjoy excursions as a part of their program (3 for semester students and 1 for summer students). Students can also participate in additional optional excursions. Many courses also include the opportunity regional sites.
Below are excursions that have been included in the past:
- Mount Vesuvius
Between Sant’Anna Institute, Sorrento and the Amalfi coast, you will have an array of extra-curricular activities to participate in. Sorrento is wedged between the sea and the mountains, which provides ample opportunity for swimming and hiking.
Every week, Sant’Anna organizes optional activities for all of its students, including:
- Gelato making and cooking classes
- Italian films
- Language exchange partners
- Italian conversation or phonetics lessons
- Weekly lunches with SASL faculty
- Buffalo, wine, and olive factory tours
Community Engagement & Volunteering
This type of engagement takes the form of student volunteerism on a non-academic basis, with the aim of community development and leadership. At Sant’Anna, community engagement means making an effort to make a difference in the life of the local communities and developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values and motivation to make that difference. Sant’Anna and CAP want their students to recognize themselves as members of the Sorrento community and therefore help students to engage in these activities around the town. Below is a list of community engagement and volunteer activities our students have previously participated in:
- “Museum in Piazza”
- Free English Conversation Classes
- Beach Clean-up
- Social Work
- “Kick for a Cause”
- “Cooking for the Community”